Match Results & Reports

Rearcross 'A' 1 - Holycross 'A' 1

Holycross were the latest visitors to Rearcross for a league game with the home side in what proved to be a very tight affair. It was the home side who started the best and went close through efforts from Davy O Toole and James Deegan. Rearcross were begining to dominate proceedings but had to be very careful as Holycross proved they couild play on the break and came very close with a chance on the 40th minute which produced a good save from Jim Caplis in the 40th minute. For all of Rearcross's dominance in the first half the teams went into half time drawing 0 0. Rearcross emerged in the second half hungry for the goal that managed to elude them in the second half. They didnt have to wait very long for it to arrive however as the in form Michael O Gorman picked up the ball just outside the box and send a smahing effort to the back of the Holycross goals leaving the keeper with no chance. Rearcross kept up their dominance and came close through another effort from Eamonn Wade that just rose over the bar. With 93 minutes played it looked like Rearcross were going to take all three points, holycross struck for a killer blow. With Rearcross on the attack the ball broke to the Holycross centre back who send a long, hopeful clearance up the field and in behind the Rearcross rearguard where the lone striker pounced on the ball and send the ball over a stranded Jim Caplis. It was a real sickening blow for Rea as the referee blew the whistle for full time straight after. This result shows how far the team has progressed this year as they were bitterly disappointed to draw a match a team who wouldve been consodered favourites for the league tilte at the beginning of the season.

Rearcross 'A': Jim Caplis, Tommy Lyons, Rob Harrington, Eamonn Wade, Eamonn Devitt, James Deegan, Darragh Kennedy, Davy O Toole, Greg kennedy, Michael O Gorman, Declan O Toole,
Subs: Tommy Ryan Luke, Mark Hogan, Liam Ryan

Referee: Tommy Lynch

Report compiled by Eamonn Devitt