Match Results & Reports

Nenagh Celtic 0 - Rearcross U-13's 3

Rearcross U-13's recorded a merited three nil win over Nenagh Celtic in this re-arranged League fixture played at Nenagh VEC on Saturday morning. The blustery conditions made the going difficult for both sides with the hosts holding diagonal wind advantage in the opening half, however Rearcross defied the conditions to create the better chances with Stephen Rochford and Cillian Kennedy coming close early on, however Eoghan Tuttlebee was able to save. Nenagh Celtic nearly broke the deadlock in the 7th minute when Nathan Griffin's headed effort was inches away from the target. Rearcross had penalty claims waved on three minutes later and then Cathal Kennedy crossed to Patrick Dawson who fired on target but again the Celtic custodian made the block. Eoghan Tuttlebee was in the action again with eight minutes to go in the half after producing a fine save to deny Cathal Kennedy's spot kick effort. The visitors had been the more creative team in the first half and came close again on the stroke of half time after Cathal Kennedy advanced on the right wing before blasting to the side netting to leave it scoreless at the midway stage, although full credit to a defensive unit of Colm Lenihan, Andy Kinnane, Brian Nolan, Paul Nolan and man of the match Danny Poyzer who dealt admirably with anything that came their way. Rearcross dominated in the second half and made the first incision with a good effort from Stephen Rochford which wasn't far away, the Slieve Felim side hit the front nine minutes in when Stephen Rochford's powerfully struck long range shot went all the way to the back of the net. The woodwork denied Stephen Rochford minutes later but full credit to the Hoops custodian who got a vital touch in the process. Nenagh Celtic counter attacked but Danny Poyzer made a convincing clearance. Eoin Sheldon and Cian O'Toole were doing well on the flanks as Rearcross remained on the offensive, however Celtic nearly snatched an equalizer against the run of play when Luke Donnellan fired across the face of Colm Lenihan's goal. Aaron Kennedy and Eoin O'Connell did well when introducted to the fray and then Patrick Dawson was through on goal in a one on one situation, however Eoghan Tuttlebee averted the danger with eight minutes remaining. Rearcross doubled their tally a minute from time when Cathal Kennedy's long range drive sailed high to the roof of the net and then Paul Nolan copper fastened the win in injury time with a finish from the edge of the box to seal maximum points for the Rea boys after a detoured trip to Nenagh on this occasion. Thanks to Nenagh Celtic and referee Shane Hodgins for waiting to accommodate the revised kick off arrangement.

Nenagh Celtic: Eoghan Tuttlebee, Ryan Gillick, Evan O'Brien, Nathan Griffin, Calum Cummins, Adam Brennan, Jamie Donnelan, Justin Donnellan, Brian, McEvoy, Johnn O'Reilly, Paddy Pareedan,
Sub: Luke Donnellan (used)

Rearcross U-13's: Colm Lenihan, Andy Kinnane, Danny Poyzer, Paul Nolan, Brian Nolan, Stephen Rochford, Cillian Kennedy, Eoin Sheldon(Capt), Cian O'Toole, Patrick Dawson, Cathal Kennedy
Subs: Eoin O'Connell, Aaron Kennedy (both used)

Referee: Shane Hodgins