Match Results & Reports

Kilcommon/Rearcross FC U-14's 6 - Killavilla United 'B' 5

A thrilling encounter at Rearcross FC Grounds on Saturday morning saw Kilcommon/Rearcross U-14’s come from 5-1 down against Killavilla ‘B’ to record a scintillating 6-5 win over the Roscrea side. The hosts made the brighter start and a Cillian Kennedy free kick was well held by the visiting custodian while at the other end Ryan Moser was quick of his line to avert the danger. Kilcommon/Rearcross were let off the hook when the visitors were through on goal but the effort was inches outside the post. The Slieve Felim side got ahead on the ten minute mark when a long clearance from Colm Lenihan broke to Cillian Kennedy who advanced on goal before prodding inside the far post. The lead was short lived as Killavilla were back level two minutes later when the ball broke to Josh McMahon who looped the ball to the net with an overhead kick. Kilcommon/Rearcross had taken their foot of the pedal at that stage and Josh McMahon edge his side ahead on seventeen minutes with a smashing strike from out on the right. Killavilla stretched it to 3-1 twelve minutes before the break after Josh McMahon broke through the centre to cap off his hat-trick. The signs were ominous for the Niall Ryan Joinery sponsored outfit when Liam Regan put Kilcommon/Rearcross 4-1 in arrears with a well worked goal. Further woe was to follow for the home team when Jack Quinlan got in at the back post to finish from close with just two minutes gone in the second half. Kilcommon/Rearcross found another gear after this and reduced the deficit four minutes later when Eoin Sheldon advanced on the right to finish from close range. Kilcommon/Rearcross were working hard all over the field and brought it back to 5-3 after Cillian Kennedy crossed from the right to Andy Kinnane who headed home with precision. A dramatic comeback was well and truly on at this stage and Cian O’Toole brought it back to the minimum midway through the half with a cracking strike from the edge of the box. It was end to end as Ryan Moser produced a fine save to keep the scoreline intact. The sides were tied on a 5-5 score line with fifteen minutes to play when Cillian Kennedy did well on the right before swinging a long ball across the goalmouth where Brian Nolan read well to finish at the back post. It was all to play for after this and Colm Lenihan got through to drill over, the all-important goal came with six minutes left on the stop watch when Colm Lenihan sent a sensational winner crashing to the roof of net with an overhead kick. The visitors didn’t give up though and Ryan Moser was in the action again with a fine catch under pressure near the end. The hosts were also all well served by Ailin Rochford, Ellie Kennedy, Tadgh McCormack, Eimear Carey and Billy Spillane. All in all, a brilliant comeback from a Kilcommon/Rearcross outfit which had excellent performances from 1 to 12 on the day.

Kilcommon/Rearcross FC: Ryan Moser, Ailín Rochford, Tadgh McCormack, Colm Lenihan, Ellie Kennedy, Eimear Carey, Eoin Sheldon, Cian O’Toole, Andy Kinnane, Cillian Kennedy, Billy Spillane, Brian Nolan

Referee: David McCarthy