Match Results & Reports

Lough Derg 'B' 1 - Rearcross U-15's 4

Rearcross U-15’s travelled to a resplendent Clarisford Park for their first encounter of 2017 against Lough Derg ‘B’ and came away with maximum points on a 4-1 score line. The opening exchanges were evenly contested with Aidan Bryan threatening early on before the upright denied Patrick Dawson. The Lakers hit the front when Darragh Moloney had it all to do through the centre but showed great ability to steer the ball past an advancing Cathal Kennedy. Rearcross were slow to settle after this setback but slowly worked their way back in to the  tie and snatched an equalizer on the ten minute mark when Patrick Dawson’s corner kick was met by Oran Connors who sent a smashing header to the top corner to leave the Lough Derg keeper with no chance. Oran Connors was in the action again a minute later but Luke Kikkers was positioned to make a good block. The Rea boys kept the pressure on and doubled their tally on 12 minutes when Patrick Dawson was again the provider, this time to Aidan Bryan who prodded between the posts with the deftest of touches. Lough Derg belied their league position and were very much in the game and came close with a well struck free kick which pulled away from the target. Stephen Rochford’s well struck free kick was on the mark nine minutes before the break, but the hosts shot stopper made the save. Cathal Kennedy plucked a high ball out the air and then Brian Nolan came close at the other end to leave the visitors with a narrow 2-1 lead at the half time whistle.
The Neill Ryan Joinery sponsored outfit got the perfect start to the second period when Stephen Rochford paced through on the right before driving a low effort to the net. The woodwork denied the Slieve Felim side for a second time seven minutes in to the half when Stephen Rochford’s rasper thumped against the cross bar. Aidan Bryan grabbed his second of the outing seconds later with a sublime finish following a darting solo run down the right flank to leave Rearcross with a commanding 4-1 advantage. The visitors were well on top after this as Danny Poyzer got forward shoot and then both Eoin Sheldon & Patrick Dawson had shots on target which were saved. A Stephen Rochford pop shot pulled left of the post and then the last action of game saw Cathal Kennedy come off his line to boot clear on the edge of the box. A good all round performance from Rearcross but stiffer tests lay ahead.

Lough Derg ‘B’: Luke Kikkers, Conor Hannon, Peter Dunne, Brian Cahill, Shane Kelly, Adam Cunnane, David Coughlan, Eoghan Heffernan, Darragh Moloney, Cian Oakley, Conor Maher, Cathal O’Donnell, James Cahill, Jack Grace, Shane Walsh, Eoin Gilmartin

Rearcross U-15’s: Cathal Kennedy, Cian O'Toole, Danny Poyzer, Cillian Kennedy, Eoin Sheldon, Paul Nolan, Stephen Rochford(Capt), Brian Nolan, Oran Connors, Patrick Dawson, Aidan Bryan, Sean Malone, Ryan Moser, Colm Lenihan

Referee: Tommy Lynch